New Skin Released: 59 Patton "FLÜCHTIG"
Well, this was a bit of an unexpected release. A few days ago, someone (Zephyr, from The Armored Patrol) requested a simple reskin of the 59-Patton in the same Dunkelgelb color I used in the Neue Dunkelgelb pack. Needless to say, after some discussion back-and-forth, this ended up turning into a bit more of a ridiculous skin than I had expected, but... honestly, I think I kinda like how it turned out in the end. Something very important to note: this skin was quite literally created with the intention of being as outlandishly-unhistorical as possible, so... don't say I didn't warn you. To give you a taste of what the skin is like, here's a quote from Zephyr himself:
"Hmm... so it's a Chinese sekrit tenk proyekt, made with the use of a stronk patriotic American turret, sent back in time and captured by Rommel's forces. It's perfect." - Zephyr
If you want to have a look at it, click the button below, but beware: if this wasn't clear already, it's a tad bit ridiculous, especially from a historical standpoint (since it flies directly in the face of historical accuracy, if the tank didn't already do that badly enough).
Multiple Packs Updated
In addition to the above skin, several packs were updated - namely, the German Red Primer, German Neue Dunkelgelb, UK Olive Green, and US Dark Olive packs. Here's what's changed in each one:
German Bundeswehr Green
German Neue Dunkelgelb
German Primer Red
USA Dark Olive
UK Olive Green
USSR 4BO-1 Green
If you downloaded any of these packs previously and want support for the aforementioned remodels, please re-download the packs from their respective pages - I updated all of the download links for these; see below for more info. However, if you downloaded the German Primer Red pack in particular, I would highly suggest re-downloading it either way, since it includes support for more vehicles included with the game, as well as fixes for a few older ones (namely, the open-topped vehicles, yet again).
Transitioning to Github
Due to some users reporting issues with downloading from Mega (just like Box and Google Drive, sadly), I have decided to move all of my skins/packs over to GitHub. Updates (especially smaller ones) should be much faster to release this way, and the download URL shouldn't break with every single update anymore, so I'll be able to have the download buttons on each page lead to the correct place again! Not only that, but I can also post changelogs with every release instead of only having a version number on the ZIP file of the download. Essentially, this should make things significantly easier, both for me and you. At least, hopefully, anyway.
This might take a little while, as I'm still getting used to GitHub - I think I finally figured out how it works, after a few staggered attempts to blunder my way through it in the past months - but as I get each repository up and running, I'll update the download links throughout all the pages on my site.
In other news, I'm still working on a few other packs, most of which have been requested by you guys. Currently, here's what's in line (listed in order of when I plan to work on them, from top-to-bottom):
- French Artillery Green - Requested by skaianDestiny in my forum thread on NA. Almost have it ready to go, and it's been a while since I posted about it, so I figured I should probably post about it, as, no, I haven't forgotten about it, heh.
- A couple of secrets I've been working on. Not going to reveal what they are yet, as... well, you'll see. These will appear after Artillery Green, since I've had them planned for a while, so stay tuned.
- Hungarian Green Rework - Currently, the Hungarian Forest Green pack isn't exactly historical, and I've been sent some better references by a few of you. Thanks to SovietTenkDestroyer, Karika, beczl, and anyone else I may have forgotten (if I did, sorry; in general, my memory has been all-but-useless lately...). Nonetheless, it'll likely include a reworked base color and custom emblems.
- Romanian Vehicle Pack - Requested by SovietTenkDestroyer from The Armored Patrol. This will not only include a new base color for a smattering of mostly low-to-mid-tier vehicles (and a couple of high-tier ones) as well as new emblems, but some custom skins for certain vehicles as well, based on historical photos. Huge thanks to SovietTenkDestroyer for the plethora of reference images/photos, by the way.
- Finnish Vehicle Pack - Requested by Bing*4 from The Armored Patrol's Discord server. This will include a new base color for a small selection of vehicles historically serviced by Finland as well as new emblems for these vehicles (likely the roundel, as I do not plan on including swastikas in any of my mods, even if it's historical - this is simply due to personal preference, sorry).
- Possibly some other things, just in case I might've forgotten them. If I have, please let me know in the comments below. A few previously-WIP packs, i.e. the US 'Minty Green' color, have been scrapped for the time being, mostly due to lack of time, but also either due to loss of interest/motivation on my end or of the actual files themselves. (This doesn't mean they're permanently gone; however, I don't plan on working on them for the time being. If you'd like for me to continue working on them, please, feel free to let me know, and I will shortly resume work on them.)
- EDIT: Almost forgot - I think I'm going to rework the 4BO-1 pack a bit, as right now, I think it currently replaces a bit too much of the tank's color, and ends up making some unwanted details turn green as well (i.e. dirt/mud/dust, some wooden bits on tools, etc). Will see as time allows, though.
Additionally, a new page has been added to the skin packs section - User Requests! This will be the place for all of the odd-ball skin packs I do for people who request them that don't really fit into the other categories (i.e. unique camo schemes/special colors across nations/etc.). Most packs that're requested will still go to their respective categories (i.e. the reworked Hungarian Green will fit under Hungary, French Artillery Green will fit under France, etc), but this will be a section purely for special skins.
One final thing - I am currently in the process of updating an old remodel I had sitting around from a few patches ago. Hint: it's British. Keep your eyes open for that, as that's just about ready to be released as well (not to mention, it's the first remodel for the site!).
Anyway, enjoy the new skin & pack updates, and stay tuned for more!